Acacia Retirement ServicesSpecialty Services (Retirement Services)
Acacia Retirement Services
This is just what we need as the population ages. Acacia is there to assist seniors to maintain or increase their independence, enabling them to live safely in the comfort of their own home. Acacia’s experienced personnel are dedicated, compassionate and caring.
Their services include:
• Companionship - From reading aloud to conversation to playing a game of cards to a walk together, their care providers offer physical and social stimulation to keep people active and involved.
• Helping with everyday activities - Just getting through daily living as in: cleaning house, doing laundry, sorting through mail or organizing personal affairs can be challenging to some people. If someone is there to manage these household tasks, it makes life easier for you and your loved ones.
• Transportation – Whether getting to and from appointments, running errands, visiting the beauty parlor/barber shop or enjoying lunch at a nearby restaurant, they assist clients in preparing for an outing, provide transportation, accompany them while away from home, and help them get settled as they return.
• Monitoring of diet and preparation of nutritious meals
- Healthy eating and physical activity are of particular importance for elderly people, who are at increased risk for nutrient deficiencies. Many have unique barriers that prevent them from eating a proper diet and engaging in regular physical activity. At Acacia they understand these barriers and can assist not only with preparations of the foods, but making their mealtimes interesting... the setting, the companionship and the conversation.
• Assisting clients with self-administration of medications – Sometimes a simple, daily medication reminder from a caring companion is all that senior needs to keep health priority in their schedule. They can also keep track of specific medical needs in the home and offer reminders and helpful suggestions.
• Providing respite for a family member - The role of the natural care giver can become both physically and emotionally exhausting. Care giving is a demanding, difficult job and no one is equipped to do it alone. Getting help is essential for the health of natural care givers, and their resilience is critical for their loved ones.
• Assistance with mobility
• Managing administrative health-related activities - such as scheduling doctor's appointments
• Ongoing close communication with the client and family
It takes a special kind of person to care for seniors. Acacia takes a heartfelt approach to caring - which makes all the difference.
For the past 5 years, we have had the pleasure of dealing with Joanna Dobija in her capacity as retirement services provider for my father. In that role, she has been extremely competent and reliable in transporting and accompanying him to all his medical appointments, as well as to therapy sessions needed after he suffered a stroke. Her ability to deal with doctors and other healthcare professionals on my father's behalf is exceptional and of enormous benefit to us, since we could not always attend the appointments. Her understanding of the health care system is invaluable, and we have sought her opinion on numerous occasions. Her willingness to do things that are not part of her mandate is greatly appreciated by us and is an example of her dedication to her job and to my father. Their relationship has grown over the years and she has becom a good friend to my father as well as an important part of our "Family"
-Phil, June 2012
My experience with Acacia has been excellent. I have found Joanna to be a very caring and dedicated person who has personally devoted time to assist me with my needs on a number of occasions.
-J.B, May 2012
I have known Joanna for over 6 years. I have always found her to be very kind, responsible, reliable, punctual and just plain easy to be with. I would recommend her help to anyone in need.
- Heather, May 2012